Essential components of a successful Ownership Transition and Management Succession include governance, key employee retention and business valuations. We’ve learned through decades of experience that the integration of these planning areas is critical to long-term business success.
Board of Directors
- Vision and Purpose. Achieving the family’s long-term vision for the company can require the formation of a Board of Directors consisting of both family and non-related members. A functional board sets strategic direction, resolves conflicts, outlines goals and evaluates executive performance. Boards enable the family to have direct influence with the senior management team and hold them accountable for results.
- Knowledge and Objectivity. It’s often wise to involve external directors who can provide objective, unbiased counsel. Leaders from complementary industries add valuable insight to resolving complex business problems and tackling delicate political issues.
- Advice and Simplicity. Advisory Boards can provide many of the same benefits as a Board of Directors but with less formality, involvement and authority. They bring valuable skills, knowledge and experience at a fraction of the cost.
Transition planning decisions often depend on the value of a client’s business. Our certified valuation specialists use detailed personal and corporate forecasting to provide clients with the perspective necessary to make informed decisions. Our comprehensive services provide valuations for:
- Lifetime Asset Transfers
- Shareholder Stock Transactions
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Buy-Sell Agreement Pricing
- Corporate or Partnership Recapitalizations
- Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation Plan Pricing
© 2017 The Rainier Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Coldstream Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.